Check out the 2010
Blogging Bloopers Party
at Between Naps on the Porch.
Here's the offending lamp that was calling out for a new life.
I removed the ring where the globe sat, spray painted it black,
then cut out the cork board to fit in the ring.
Measure twice, cut once. So far so good.....
I covered the cork board with burlap, glued it in the frame, added a chain,
and then some pictures.
The finished product. One problem: it's backwards.
I cut it out the right way, but glued it on the wrong side of the ring. I remember when I took these pictures something still didn't feel right because the decorative edge was rubbing on the wall. I didn't notice the backwards mistake until the day after I posted this. Yes, that decorative edge looked much better on the outside....I just had to fix it