The size of the lettering on this old sheet music cover was perfect. Just in time for Mother's Day too.
I cut out a piece of cardboard to fit inside the lid and used a glue stick to attach the sheet music. The last time I used a spray adhesive on sheet music, it bled right through. A little bit of E-6000 glue holds everything in place.
Metal punch pliers are great for making clean holes in soft metals up to 18 gauge.
I used a 8mm jump ring to attach a 10" section of chain from an old necklace.
It was looking like it needed a little something extra, so I added this little flower pin to the center of the chain.
For the box, I cut out a piece of cardboard just a little smaller than the bottom, and a piece of black velvet about an inch larger all around. This time I used spray adhesive to attach the velvet to the cardboard. I very carefully and professionally taped down the edges of this precisely cut piece of velvet;-)
I think this might just work as a way to display some of my jewelry. Or, I could take out the velvet, throw in a linen napkin and use it as a bread basket. Or, with glass on the bottom it would work as a container for pretty bottles. Or......
Box and lid back together again.