a large dent in my projects-in-waiting pile is to limit the amount of time I spend on each one. I have a lot of projects that can't be tackled in an hour, but not everything needs a major overhaul, just a little tweaking here and there can make a big difference.
Last month I posted about these rusty old drawers and some of the others here.
A quick tweak was all they needed. I taped off the label areas and sprayed them with two coats of chalkboard paint.
I found this rusty tool box insert buried in the garage at an estate sale. For an industrial look, I painted some round wooden knobs with aluminum spray paint, then rubbed on rust colored acrylic paint to tone them down. The knobs have a small flat surface, so I just glued 'em right on.
These rustic drawers I found last month are about 2' long and 9" wide and deep, a perfect size for large potted plants. I cleaned them up, gave the fronts a light coat of wax, then lined the bottoms with galvanized sheet metal. Kind of gives them that "plant me" look.
I bought several drawers just like this one last year and spray painted all of them white. The rusty dividers of this recent find were sprayed with a matte acrylic sealer. Another simple tweak.....from drawer to shelf.
The front of the drawer was already painted in a flat black...a perfect natural chalkboard.
This greasy old tool carrier just needed a little cleaning.
No paint for this lovely patina, just a little tweaking with chalkboard paint.
Love these riveted corners.
I hope things start to bloom in your neck of the woods soon!