Monday, April 28, 2014

The Making of a Cloche

I've been playing with my recently organized stash of treasures again.  I know I keep saying this, but I'm so happy that I took the time to organize all the junk that was taking over my garage.  It was such a mess out there, it's no wonder I never saw this cloche before.

So simple with just five main ingredients.

A vintage clock face, the top from a sugar bowl, and a stray drain cover.

A tarnished chafing dish base with the perfect amount of tarnish and a very heavy glass light cover.

It was meant to be.  The clock face is a perfect fit inside the chafing dish base.


My first pair of baby shoes are peeking out from under the cloche.  My grandmother had the shoes professionally preserved many years ago probably with some type of clear resin.

The bottom needed something extra, so I added a floral frog with a black and white photo.

Here's a close up of my little shoes out from under the thick glass.  I just love those sweet
little hearts.

 photo signature_zpsxbkdcwit.png

 photo si facebook_zpsvxvatfjn.png photo si pinterest_zpssrtccaqw.png photo si instagram_zpsvx48g3rn.png
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...